Has video become a valuable resource? It sure seems so.
Here’s some interesting statistics.
- 432,000 hours of video uploaded to YouTube EVERYDAY.
- 100 million people watch a video on the internet each day
- Web site visitors spend 88% MORE time on a web site that contains video.
- 46% of visitors say they would seek out information on a product or service after seeing a video.
- An optimized website with video is 53 times more likely to appear on the first page of Google.
- 75% of U.S business executives watch work related videos at least once a week.
- From the same study : 59% would rather watch videos than read text.
- Roughly 50% of those who viewed an online video made purchase for their business.
- Videos are processed 60,000 times faster than text.
- According to Forrester Research’s Dr. James McQuivey, “a minute of video is worth 1.8 million words”. Which according to my quick calculation is around 2000 pages of text. My fingers are sore just thinking about it.